PADI Assistant Instructor
If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving – become a PADI Assistant Instructor. The PADI assistant instructor rating authorizes you to function as an instructional assistant and independently conduct certain PADI programs. This level of certification allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water. You earn a PADI Assistant Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with. This course is offered independent but usually begins the PADI Instructor Development process and is scheduled during the first 4 days of Instructor Development Course (IDC). Successful completion of the AI course also qualifies you to participate in the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI). Combination of AI course and the OWSI program into a continuous program makes up the entire PADI IDC.
Mikes unique 2-day PRE IDC study and preparation workshop is also available to PADI Assistant Instructor candidates. In fact this is the ideal way to go for those wanting to be well prepared Instructors at the IE.
1. PADI Divemaster, or leadership level with another diver training organization
2. 18 years old
3. 60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation
4. Certified diver for six months
5. Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months
6. Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months